One of the most painful experiences is being stung by a wasp. It’s even more serious for people who are allergic to stings. However the risks of being stung by wasps can be reduced outdoors through taking precautions and proper management of wasp’s nests. One of the most significant precautions that one can take to minimize wasps’ stings is through destroying of their nests in and around your home
IDENTIFYING WASP STINGS
Wasps are one of the most common stinging insects .they are very aggressive and can sting anyone without being provoked or disturbed. Once stung by a wasp a small puncture hole is likely to develop on your skin. The surrounding area of the skin will redden and a swelling welt will appear. This welt will reduce with hours but an itching sensation may continue for some days.
GUIDELINES ON TREATING A WASP STING
- First one should remove the stinger promptly and carefully by using a pair of twizzers.This should be done with a lot of care so that the sting sac is not squeezed as this will inject more poison into the wound.
- One should then wash the wound with soap and water. To reduce the swelling one can either soak the wound in cold water or cover it with a cold compress for instance ice in a cloth.
- For one to relieve the itching one can apply the anti histamine cream for bites and stings or take an oral anti-histamine tablet. However if the itching is more severe one should seek the doctors attention.
SYMPTOMS AN ALLERGIC REACTION AS A RESULT OF WASP STING
People with moderate allergy reactions are likely to experience general swelling around the wound. However if the swelling is more severe and persistent one should seek the doctors attention. In case of a sting and one experiences strange symptom within the first half an hour of being stung. The casualty should be immediately rushed to the nearby hospital so as to avoid complications. The symptoms are:
- Wheezing, chocking or inability to properly breathe
- Convulsions, dizziness or headaches
- Stomach cramps and nausea
- Swelling around the mouth, throat or tongue that could constrict breathing
It should be noted that allergy to stings can develop at any time. People stung in two or more occasions in the previous years are more likely to develop allergies as a result of stings.stings. More so those suffering from are other allergies are equally at a higher risk.
GETTING RID OF WASPS
Equipment for proper elimination of wasp nests. Some of the nests could be very large underneath and trying to get rid of them by yourself can cause a lot of damage for instance death or even severe allergies. Several methods can be employed to get rid of wasps for instance use of baits, traps ,spraying with homemade mixtures for instance lemon oil and water. Wasps are more active during the day than at night. So night time is the best time of getting rid of them ,this will be advantageous in that the wasps are not overly active and they are least likely to strike back.moreso most of the wasps will be in their nests during the night making the process easier since one needs apply the pesticide for a second time. Wasp spray is the most commonly used in wasp control .when looking for one ,one should choose one that will instantly knock them down before they realize that their nest is under attack making them to turn to the person spraying them. One should be conversant with the structure of the nests in order to make sure that all openings are sprayed. Repellents may also be used where the wasps have started nest construction. One should wear as much as heavy clothes as possible in order to prevent any exposed skin from stings and also pesticides. One should also wear eye protection gears and gloves.